Sony finally revealed the PlayStation 5 looks. After an hour of PS5 game announcements, Sony revealed the hardware design in a live event. The PS5 console includes a white-and-black design to match the new controller that will be included in the box.
The PS5 stands vertically, like the Xbox Series X is primarily designed to be placed,
It comes in two different versions: one with a 4K Blu-ray drive and a pure Digital Edition. The PS5 variant without the optical drive looks substantially thinner than the regular model.
Harness the power of a custom CPU, GPU, and SSD with Integrated I/O that rewrite the rules of what a PlayStation console can do.
Marvel at incredible graphics and experience new PS5™ features.
Discover a deeper gaming experience with support for haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and 3D Audio technology.
The console is powered by an eight-core AMD Zen 2 CPU and a custom AMD RDNA 2-based GPU. Sony announced the PS5 specs in March, and the custom AMD chips will provide 10.28 teraflops of power using variable frequencies on both the CPU and GPU.PS5 hardware design reveal comes months after Microsoft revealed the PC-like look of its next-gen console, the Xbox Series X,
DualSense charging station, a new HD camera, a Pulse 3D wireless headset, and a media remote. Sony has not yet announced pricing for any of its accessories, or whether they will all launch alongside the new PS5 consoles.
- Bugsnax from Young Horses
- A whimsical, narrative-driven adventure from the creators of Octodad. Investigate the mysterious Snacktooth Island, home of the legendary half-bug, half-snack creatures.
- Goodbye Volcano High from Ko_op
- A cinematic narrative game that touches on love, friendship, and self-realization in the final days of civilization.
- Jett: The Far Shore from Superbrothers + Pine Scented
- A bittersweet interstellar trip to a mythic oceanic planet in a narrative-driven action adventure, featuring an emotional mix of storytelling and world exploration.
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits from Ember Lab
- A story-driven action adventure game combining exploration and discovery with fast-paced combat.
- Little Devil Inside from Neostream Interactive
- Set in a “Victorian-like” era, embark on dangerous missions to gain evidence and findings for your employer, a mysterious professor.
- Oddworld: Soulstorm from Oddworld Inhabitants
- A major visual and cinematic lead for the celebrated series, with intelligent new gameplay mechanics and twisted new devices to enable explosive deviousness.
- From Oddworld Inhabitants: “Oddworld: Soulstorm’s scope and scale are larger than we have tackled before. We plan to use PS5’s stunning graphic fidelity, mind-blowing 3D audio, and the DualSense controller to enhance our storytelling and artistic abilities to bring you closer to the game and to create an even deeper emotional Oddworld experience…”
- The Pathless from Giant Squid / Annapurna
- The mythic tale of an archer and an eagle in a vast forest who venture to a mystical island to dispel a curse of darkness.
- Stray from BlueTwelve Studio / Annapurna
- A little cat in a futuristic walled city, devoid of life, befriends a sentient drone. The cat must find its way home, and perhaps help the city along the way.
- Solar Ash from Heart Machine / Annapurna
- A journey through a surreal and vivid world filled with mystery, endearing characters, and massive enemy encounters across a vast open world.
- Grand Theft Auto V from Rockstar Games
- From Rockstar: “Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 5 will feature a range of technical improvements, visual upgrades and performance enhancements to take full advantage of the console’s powerful new hardware, making the game more beautiful and more responsive than ever. Plus, a new standalone version of Grand Theft Auto Online will be also available, free for three months exclusively on PlayStation 5.” (PlayStation Plus required for online multiplayer)
- Ghostwire: Tokyo from Tango Gameworks / Bethesda Softworks
- From Bethesda: “From Shinji Mikami and the team at Tango Gameworks comes Ghostwire: Tokyo, a next-gen action-adventure game coming to consoles exclusively for PlayStation 5 in 2021. Tango Gameworks has taken full advantage of the power of the PS5’s next-gen hardware to create a stunning, immersive, and mysterious world to experience. Explore the streets of a city filled with spirits and mysterious otherworldly threats, with an arsenal of powerful abilities at your command.”
- Godfall from Counterplay Games
- From Counterplay Games: “You are the last of the Valorian knights, god-like warriors able to equip Valorplates, legendary armor sets that transform wielders into unstoppable masters of melee combat. Players will tear through foes as they climb through some of the elemental realms…. We’re still hard at work and can’t wait for players to experience Godfall when it makes its console debut on PS5 and launches on PC this holiday season.”
- Project Athia from Luminous Productions / Square Enix
- “Project Athia is the culmination of our philosophy here at Luminous Productions to create completely new and fresh gaming experiences that fuse together the latest technologies with art. With the PS5, our vision truly comes to life, and with Project Athia players can look forward to being transported to a vast and detailed world filled with beauty and dismay.”
- Hitman 3 from IO Interactive
- From IO Interactive: “Hitman 3 is the dramatic conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy and will put you back into the shoes (and stylish suit) of Agent 47, a ruthless professional assassin who must take on the most important contracts of his career.”
- NBA 2K21 from 2K Sports
- 2K Sports stopped by to give us an eye-popping first look at pre-alpha PS5 development footage of NBA 2K21.
- Deathloop from Arkane Studios / Bethesda Softworks
- From Arkane Studios: “With stunning and stylish environments, memorable combat encounters, and the freedom to tackle each mission at any pace and with any approach you choose, this is Arkane like you’ve never seen (or felt) it before, built with next-gen in mind. Deathloop is being developed for a new generation of hardware and will launch on console exclusively for PlayStation 5.”
- Resident Evil Village from Capcom
- From Capcom: “…the fear of dark corners has been replaced with the anxiety of the unknown as Ethan searches for answers within decrepit buildings among snow-covered trees. The return of a first-person perspective will bring a visceral edge to combat… With a greater focus on combat and exploration compared to Resident Evil 7, the village itself is just as important a character as any other, a location with a life of its own that will frequently keep you on edge as you discover its secrets.”
- Pragmata from Capcom
- Capcom also gave us a first look at a thought-provoking PS5 game called Pragmata.