Hero Movie Synopsis: A fraudster gets to fulfill his childhood dream of being a superhero when he takes on a ruthless businessman whose business strategy is to crush the dreams of children.
Reasons to watch Hero film:
1. Superhero element: Though Tamil films have had protagonists who turn mass heroes in different situations, we do not have movies which can be considered as proper superhero film, except for Mysskin’s Jiiva-starrer Mugamoodi. The film was a failure at the BO, and no director in Kollywood thereafter attempted such projects. It would be interesting to see how Siva, who has fans from varied sections of the audience, would pull off a superhero character.
2. Abhay Deol: With Hero, Abhay Deol joins the long list of Bollywood actors who played antagonists in a Tamil film. Known for his performances in Hindi films like Dev D, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, etc, the actor has a good number of admirers across the country. Mithran’s previous film, Irumbu Thirai, had an interesting antagonist, played by Arjun. Hopefully, we would get to watch another intriguing baddie in Hero.
3. Yuvan Shankar Raja: Imman and Anirudh have been the music directors of most of Sivakarthikeyan’s films in the past. The hero has Yuvan Shankar Raja composing for the second time for the star’s movie, after Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga. Given the superhero genre of the movie, fans of little maestro are expecting nothing short of the goosebumps-inducing background score.
4. Kalyani Priyadarshan: Ace filmmaker Priyadarshan’s daughter Kalyani is making her Tamil debut with this project. She was cast in the controversial project Maanadu, too, opposite Simbu. Vaan is another film of the actress in Tamil. She has made inroads into Telugu earlier, and is awaiting a couple of Malayalam films, too. Kollywod movie buffs are eagerly waiting to watch her on screen.
5. Clash at the BO: The decade in going to end in another 10 days and several films are making it to the movie halls in the next two weeks in different languages. On December 20, Karthi-starrer Thambi is also hitting the screens. Salman Khan’s Dabangg3 in Hindi, Prithviraj’s Driving License in Malayalam and Balakrishna’s Ruler in Telugu are also releasing across the world. One has to see which movie emerges the winner by impressing the audience.
Siva Karthikeyan is back on screen this time teaming up with PS Mithran of Irumbuthirai fame for the superhero flick hero where he fights issues in the education system. Here’s team ap Herald’s exclusive first on net review of Hero. Sakthi is a fake certificate agent who plans to help Mathi a student get a seat but loses her because of the education mafia. As Moorthy supports him, Sakthi turns a superhero to fight the evil Mahadev, and whether Sakthi the superhero completed his mission and cleaned the education system by foiling Mahadev’s plans and destroying his mafia is what hero is all about.
Siva Karthikeyan as the smart icon turned superhero is perfect, as he has opportunities to score as a family-friendly fun-loving hero, as well as the man for the masses, the dutiful superhero. Priyadarshan -Latest Updates, Photos, Kalyani Priyadarshan is pretty and gives a measured performance, while Arjun as the victim of the system who now wants to mentor Siva is aptly cast and gives a powerful performance. Though Abhay Deol starts off strongly, his body language and dialogue lip-sync are a huge cause of concern. The rest of the cast including Ivana and Robo Shankar are adequate.