The state of Assam declared a complete lockdown in Guwahati for the next two weeks start. 12-hour night curfew across the state during the period. Officials said that lockdown will continue for the next 14 days due to a sharp rise in coronavirus cases. Only Medical stores will be opened in the upcoming days. Assam Government took the decision after the spike in coronavirus cases in the capital city.
Complete lockdown to be imposed in the entire Kamrup Metropolitan district from the midnight of 28th June for the next 14 days, due to rise in Covid-19 cases. Medical stores to remain open during the lockdown,Sarma
Assam is made a worst-hit state in Northeast. According to the Health Ministry data, the state has so far recorded over 6,300 infections and nine fatalities. Lockdown will come to effect from June 28 midnight in all urban areas falling under the jurisdiction of town committees.
ssam has recorded over 6,300 coronavirus cases, of which 2,279 are active cases. While over 4,000 people have recovered, the state government is worried about the rising number of cases in urban areas of the state.
Assam is one among the most affected North East Region in the country by Coronavirus.
- Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited in the specified area.
- All Government Offices, Offices of Autonomous/Subordinate Offices and Private
Offices shall remain closed:
- All business/commercial establishments, shops and trade activities shall remain
- All Industrial establishments shall remain closed;
- All public transport services shall remain suspended
- Movement of all Private vehicles is banned;
- All hospitality services shall remain suspended
- All educational, research, training, coaching institutions shall remain closed;
- All places of worship shall remain closed for public. No religious congregation will be
permitted without any exception;
- All socialpoliticalisports/entertainment/academic/culturalreligious functions,
gathering shail be barred
- Not more than 20 persons will be permitted in case of funerals;
- All non-essential and avoidable movement of people shall be banned;
- Spitting in public places is banned and will be punishable with fine, as may be
prescribed by the local authority in accordance with its laws, rules or regulations.
- Consumption and sale of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco etc.in public places are
- Defense, Central, and State Police forces, Establishment of the District Magistrate, Commissioner of Police, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire & Emergency Services Disaster Management, Electricity. Water, Sanitation, Municipal bodies (only staff required for essential services like sanitation, water supply, etc) will be allowed to function.
- Hospitals and retail medical establishments.
- Only 10 (ten) % of Bank branches in the District with skeletal attendance and ATMs shall operate. Highest Authority of the Banks shall determine the specific branches and give wide publicity of open bank branches.
- Print and electronic media including newspaper distribution are allowed. However, it is advised that the minimum number of persons shall only come out in the open:
- Telecommunications, internet services, broadcasting and cable services, IT, and IT-enabled services to continue. However. personnel engaged in these services are allowed to work from home only. Only an emergency repair crew would be allowed movement subject to prior permission/ pass from the appropriate authority.
- Power generation, transmission and distribution units, and services shall continue with persons with specifically assigned duties being allowed to come out.
- Transportation of essential goods, vehicles of Health, Fire, Law & Order, and Emergency Services are allowed.
- All transport services and movement of people from other districts shall remain suspended except that connected to COVID functions. Inter-state movement shall also remain suspended except with prior permissions/ pass.
- People (Interstate and inter District movement) holding train/air tickets to and from Guwahati as well to Guwahati shall be allowed to move only on the production of such tickets at checkpoints.
- Hotels that are accommodating quarantined persons, medical and emergency staff, aircrew shall operate with skeletal service.
- Establishments used earmarked for quarantine facilities shall operate.
- All officers of the rank of Joint Secretary and above shall attend office in Assam Secretariat regularly. Other officers and employees shall be asked to attend office on need-based instruction issued by the senior-most secretary of the Department Directors shall decide on the number of skeletal officers and staff to attend for the functioning of Directorates.
- Government officers and employees who are directed specifically by their Controlling Officers will only be allowed with documentary evidence of such permission/orders. The rest of the Government functionaries shall work from home. Only those Government officers and employees connected with the aforementioned exempted categories would be allowed to come to office/ workplaces.
- Milk, baby food, medicines, and water supply are allowed in specific areas and times.
- Railway offices and persons directly linked with the operation of passenger and goods trains shall be allowed to operate on being so assigned.
- Continuous process industries would be allowed to function, subject to workforce staying in the premises, and outwards/ inwards movement during the period of lockdown shall not be allowed.
- Only identified Petrol pumps, gas agencies would be allowed to be operational during Lockdown. LPG agencies shall distribute products at home Customers’ homes only.
- Petroleum products to other districts would be allowed to move through Highways.
- Agricultural and Tea garden activities shall continue with social distancing.
- Lockdown permissions/ passes issued earlier stand canceled. Fresh permissions
passes shall have to be obtained from the competent authority.
- No persons shall be allowed to venture out simply on the ground of being employed in the exempted category of services.
- The permissions granted to persons/ services/ activities as given above may be withdrawn at any time without assigning any reason and advance notice. The extent of validity of this order may be modified depending on the analysis of ground reality as and when required.
All other activities other than specified as exempted above shall remain prohibited
in the entire area until further orders. Provision for thermal scanning, hand wash, and sanitizer will be made at all entry and exit
points and common areas.
Wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places, in workplaces, and during transport
Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and
children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for essential and