Vizag Gas Leak Six people including a child died, while over a thousand people hospitalized after a chemical gas leaked at a pharmaceutical company LG Polymers in Gopalpatnam in Andhra Pradesh’s Visakhapatnam on 07 May 2020. The incident that happened in RR Venkatapuram Village were the factory located in Gopalpatnam. Villagers ringed the officials after the burning sensation in eyes and difficulties in the breathing of everyone in the village and where hospitalized.
Several people lying in the road unconscious while few others wearing face masks and helping others. After a few hours of the incident firefighters and ambulances reached the spot to control the situation and leak. A team of police and National Disaster Relief Force is evacuating people from the nearby villages.
My condolences to the families of the deceased due to the gas leak at a Private firm in Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh at early hours today. I have Spoke to the Chief Secretary and DGP of AP to take stock of the situation. Instructed NDRF teams to provide necessary relief measures. Iam continuously monitoring the situation. Hundreds of people have also been effected in the unprecedented and unfortunate event in Vishakapatnam, AP. Also Spoke to the Home Secretary, GoI and requested him to provide all the required assistance to the state to tackle the difficulties,MoS Home Affairs, GK Reddy
There is gas leakage identified at LG Polymers in Gopalpatnam. Requesting Citizens around these locations not to come out of houses for the sake of safety precautionGreater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation tweeted
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that the had spoken to the Ministry of Home and Affairs and National Disaster Management Authority about the situation that happened in Vizag which are closely monitored. I Pry for everyone’s safety and well bring in Visakhapatnam.
Below Videos are footage from Vizag Gas Leak area.
Shocked & deeply anguished by the visuals from #VizagGasLeak— KTR (@KTRTRS) May 7, 2020
My wholehearted condolences to those who lost their near & dear. Let’s pray for the well-being of the hospitalised 🙏
What a horrible year this has been!
#VizagGasLeak: To subside the effect of Syrene Gas leak, Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation staff blow water through mist blowers at Gopalapatnam area of #Visakhapatnam. pic.twitter.com/cRZseckqRM— All India Radio News (@airnewsalerts) May 7, 2020